Free Self-Improvement Topics in Chicago
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
Becoming An Innovator
Stephen A. Di Biase, Ph.D., President, Premier Insights, LLC.
"10 Keys To Unlock Your Innovative Self" offers the reader a short, simple, easy and fun treatment teaching anyone how to use the basics of innovative behaviors for becoming a more effective problem solver leading to a higher quality of life. Specifically, this treatise touches on why every human being is an innovator at birth, how we can maximizes, this natural trait, the importance of curiosity, imagination, inquiry, methods of learning, the importance of play and passion and how to use the scientific method while being careful of formal education. MORE >
Speaking with Confidence in any Situation
Suzanne M. Bracken, Managing Director, Ludicrous Theatre Company
This lively presentation will address the causes of fear associated with speaking when we are not comfortable doing so. Learn how to make those butterflies in your stomach "fly in formation," so you can get your point across in a confident and effective manner.
Lydia Galan, Outreach Coordinator, Pillars Community Health
Pillars Community Health is available to make presentations regarding childhood grief. Our Buddy's Place is a childhood bereavement program serves the western and southwestern suburbs of Chicago.
What’s the one thing you can’t buy? Time.
Kimberly Kolb, Author & Speaker
168. That’s how many hours are in a week. Do you use them wisely? Kimberly wrote a novel in a year while working and raising three kids in travel sports. She will show you how to find that kind of time for you. MORE >Kimberly is proud to be a part of Free Speakers since 2015, but will only present to not-for-profit groups.
Bette Lawrence-Water, Founder and Principal Consultant, Spectrum Strategic Solutions
We've all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. Participants will identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
The Interpersonal Skills discussion will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations. Bette will help audience to identify skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation. MORE >Discussion Objectives:
• Understand the difference between hearing and listening
• Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
• Understand what is ‘non-verbal communication’ and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
• Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation.
• Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
• Understand how seeing the other side can improve skills in influencing other people.
• Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
• Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
• Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
• Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions.
Break Free: Create a Post-Career Life of Purpose and Passion
Jerilyn Willin, Principal, JWillin Consulting, Ltd.
Ten thousand Boomers retire every day and for most, there is not a rocking chair in sight! Instead of the end to an active life, retirement can be the start of a whole new journey. Investigate: 1.) the non-financial aspects of post-career life, 2.) Discover who you are apart from your work, 3.) Begin to map out what your significant life post-career will look like! MORE >
Get (and Stay) Organized
Erin J. Kelly, Professional Organizer, Arranged By Erin
Learn how to live a simple and organized life. Whether it’s your home or office, Erin explains the tools to help you be more productive and save time. Erin has given speeches all over Chicago including corporations, ADD support groups, and libraries.
The Case for Kindness
Marie Genevieve Pawlak, Managing Principal , Prime Alchemy a division of Planning101 Group
What would happen if Kindness was put on trial? Does it really pay to be kind In Leadership? How does kindness really help us in today's fast-paced world? This talk will provide insight and humor into what it really means to be kind and how being kind is the secret ingredient to success.
The Act of Forgiveness: Learning How to Forgive
Eileen Timmins, Ph.D, Founder, Aingilin
The ability to forgive allows one to live in harmony. There are 3 types of forgiveness: for yourself, for those you’ve harmed and for those that have harmed you. By releasing the initial harm and the energy you’ve used to hold on to it, you clear your present and future, and move forward.
Drop the Emotional Baggage and Get Younger with Age!
GuruNischan, Owner, GuruNischan Unlimited
GuruNischan will explore the physical, mental and emotional components that affect our energy level, skin, digestion, sleep, mood and how fast we age and will teach steps and everyday “live-better” strategies to feel and look your best – naturally.