Free Self-Improvement Topics in Chicago
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
Learn how to live a simple and organized life. Whether it’s your home or office, Erin explains the tools to help you be more productive and save time. Erin has given speeches all over Chicago including corporations, ADD support groups, and libraries.
168. That’s how many hours are in a week. Do you use them wisely? Kimberly wrote a novel in a year while working and raising three kids in travel sports. She will show you how to find that kind of time for you. MORE >Kimberly is proud to be a part of Free Speakers since 2015, but will only present to not-for-profit groups.
Career transition, new technology, a new life direction...no matter what your age, situation or outlook, you've been touched by change. How can dealing with life's changes be less chaotic? What can you do to help yourself and others deal better with change? MORE >Take positive steps to help others and yourself navigate through the rough patches in life at work and at home. Come: 1.) Explore the phases of change everyone experiences, 2.) Learn and share ideas/techniques to effectively deal with change, and 3.) Chart next steps to help you move forward through and to your new normal.
This lively presentation will address the causes of fear associated with speaking when we are not comfortable doing so. Learn how to make those butterflies in your stomach "fly in formation," so you can get your point across in a confident and effective manner.
Ten thousand Boomers retire every day and for most, there is not a rocking chair in sight! Instead of the end to an active life, retirement can be the start of a whole new journey. Investigate: 1.) the non-financial aspects of post-career life, 2.) Discover who you are apart from your work, 3.) Begin to map out what your significant life post-career will look like! MORE >
We've all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. Participants will identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
The Interpersonal Skills discussion will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations. Bette will help audience to identify skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation. MORE >Discussion Objectives:
• Understand the difference between hearing and listening
• Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
• Understand what is ‘non-verbal communication’ and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
• Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation.
• Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
• Understand how seeing the other side can improve skills in influencing other people.
• Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
• Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
• Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
• Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions.
I take folks on a journey during the conflict and chaos in their lives. It’s about giving - of yourself - for the greater good. It seems simple, but it takes a great deal of energy and engagement to achieve a framework of commitment, intra-personal awareness and personal sacrifice.
GuruNischan will explore the physical, mental and emotional components that affect our energy level, skin, digestion, sleep, mood and how fast we age and will teach steps and everyday “live-better” strategies to feel and look your best – naturally.
"What am I going to do when I grow up?" is a question we hear from people of all ages. The strategy for getting a job (interviewing, resumes, etc.) is always an important topic. Sander will provide an overview or address specific topics.
This talk will help busy professionals achieve peak performance and work/life balance by sharing a simple, fool-proof methodology.