Free Self-Improvement Topics in Chicago
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
Humans are creatures of habit. Every one of us, regardless of where we are in our lives, has developed routines that we're familiar with. Cultivating a habit is similar, and even if we don't do it consciously, we create patterns through repeated actions. However, not all of these habits are beneficial to our lives.
Whether for an aging parent, neighbor or friend, most people will be a caregiver at some point in life if they're not already. This can sometimes be a challenging role when combined with everyday living and one's own daily responsibilities. MORE >Sharing experiences, especially in the care giving capacity, creates an informative and overall helpful environment in which you can realize that you are not alone in your role. Roger, a caregiver for over 15 years provides a supportive and interactive seminar with a distinct awareness of Senior Care. Even after the caregiving role may have ended, the emotional and mental part may live on for years to come. We can talk about this and know being the role of caregiver has a direct effect on all persons involved.
Decades before the formal diagnosis of Depression and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Roger came to understand that something in his life was "different" from what he viewed as "normal" in others. Although he carried on daily living as best possible, unexplained sadness tied in with repeating habits and emotional breakdowns brought him to seek professional assistance. He now offers an interactive and non-medical discussion focusing on life experiences up to and following the diagnosis. MORE >This presentation is an honest dialogue on how everyday living can be reshaped and life can continue regardless of your own personal challenges.
What would happen if Kindness was put on trial? Does it really pay to be kind In Leadership? How does kindness really help us in today's fast-paced world? This talk will provide insight and humor into what it really means to be kind and how being kind is the secret ingredient to success.
Are you ready for change? Are you a leader embarking on change within your organization? Whether change is planned or unplanned, more than likely you and your team need to step outside your comfort zone and do something different. However, leaving your comfort zone is frightening and fear can stifle growth, halt progress, and negatively impact behavior making you feel as if you lost control, stuck, and not moving forward. When implementing transformational change in an organization leaders are challenged with getting everyone excited and motivated about new ways of working. Often times, leaders are met with resistance, complaints, and frustration because people are being asked to step outside their comfort zone. Change upsets routine and structure and opens the door allowing fear to enter and demonstrated in thoughts and action. Of course, it doesn’t need to be this way because the comfort zone is really an illusion. MORE >This presentation unravels the mystery of the comfort zone to expose the stark reality of the discomfort of change. Therefore, enabling leaders to discover why leaving your comfort zone is so difficult, what creates fear during times of change, and how to develop strategies for engagement and empowerment that eliminate the fear of leaving your comfort zone and to view change through a new lens.
Engaging and self reflecting. Leadership is a lifestyle covers the foundational blocks of great leaders and expands on each block. Fully understanding how each block pertains to your personal and professional life gives you the ability to continue to expand your horizons and grow into the leader you want to become.
It is easy to fall into a slump and even harder to get out of it. This presentation guides you on how to limit those slumps and the length of which you stay in them. Focusing on the process of information and how it affects everyday life personally and professionally I can give you a pathway to maintain a positive and productive attitude throughout your day to day tasks. MORE >
Put on Your R.H.I.N.E.S.T.O.N.E. Combat Boots™! 3 Ways to Become Unstuck and Fulfilled in Your Career
Put on Your R.H.I.N.E.S.T.O.N.E. Combat Boots™! 3 Ways to Become Unstuck and Fulfilled in Your Career is a creative way to engage in your professional development. It is based on my newest book "Put on Your R.H.I.N.E.S.T.O.N.E. Combat Boots™! 10 Secrets to Jump-start Your Career Success." In this introspective and interactive program, I will guide audiences with uncovering the roadblocks in their careers which leave them feeling stuck, stagnate, and dissatisfied. This program will also reveal potential professional setbacks. Furthermore, it will provide audiences with the time to map a game plan for a setup to fulfillment, workplace satisfaction, and career success. If you want to "impart fresh and renewed energy" into the work life of your audience, bring this program to your next event. MORE >
Do you put decisions such as sharing your authentic Self with others, your health, forgiveness, loving yourself fully, or living the way you'd prefer because of fear or doubt? Does it feel too hard to change the way you're living so instead you just settle for an uncomfortable status quo, hoping that ache in your gut, or low-grade stress or anxiety, will just disappear somehow? MORE >Do you hide who you really are from the world or worry what others think of you and your choices because rejection is too painful?
If so, this talk is for you, or your group. Hello. My name is Allison Sutter. I'm the creator of the Accelerate Your Mojo (AYM) formula.
Accelerate Your Mojo is a simple 7 step formula proven to ignite your intuition so you always know what your next best step is and feel confident making it. It's a unique and sustainable way to swap fear, doubt, and anxiety for ease, clarity, and excitement in life.
The seven AYM steps are:
1. Ask ... (for what you want and get it).
2. Desire ... (is a potent fuel. The force is in you).
3. Beliefs ... (must be analyzed. They are the fabric of your reality).
4. Allow ... (in the good stuff you asked for in step one, got all excited about in step two, and went to the trouble of changing your beliefs for in step three).
5. Focus of Attention ... (is the power that creates your world).
6. Inspired Action ... (is different from struggle and trying really hard. This action starts within, not without).
7. Detached Optimism ... (is the paradox of increasing positive manifestations. Focus with intense excitement. Then, let go of what you think needs to happen).
AYM is a process that dispels the myth that the spiritual you and the physical you are separate, and that only those who have 'spiritual practices', or look, act, and talk a certain way, are allowed to call themselves 'spiritual beings'.
Being a talk specifically designed to unleash the real you, the 20-30 minute talk highlights on how you can use this idea of being a spiritual being to help to solve everyday problems, repair relationships, increase abundance (in all forms), as well as helping eliminate the mental and emotional discomfort that comes from thinking you are 'less than' or need to have more (time, money, health, happiness, success) in order to be worthy, or feel safe.
This talk has nothing to do with religion It has everything to do with using the idea of who you are and the resources and knowledge you have at your disposal today (intuition and love) to live a more awakened, empowered, happy life.
The self-assessment questions below are a prerequisite to booking this talk. Please ask potential audience members for this talk to answer yes or no to the following questions. If you answer yes to any of the follow statements, the AYM talk can help provide sustainable solutions and jumpstart your desired AYM transformations (listed below).
1. I want to get to the root cause of my emotional discomfort.
2. I struggle to make decisions because I worry I'm not making the right choice.
3. It feels as if fear and doubt are stopping me from having the awesome experiences I want in life.
4. Sometimes I say, "I feel stuck," or "It feels like something keeps getting in the way of success."
5. I experience strong thoughts of self-doubt, anxiety, or unworthiness.
6. I can't seem to figure out why what I asked for in life isn't showing up.
7. I often think, "Why does that keep happening to me? I'm a kind, positive person."
8. I keep some aspect of myself hidden from others because I worry I won't be accepted as I truly am.
9. The unknown aspect of new experiences, and even my future success, makes my uncomfortable.
10. I experience skepticism or emotional discomfort even when things are going great in life.
11. I desire a more in-depth conversation about how I create my own reality as both a physically and non-physically (spiritual) being.
12. I want to uncover why problems and challenges (which Allison refers to as contrast) are a necessary aspect of life and foster appreciation for them.
13. I want to learn how to use both positive and negative feelings as a diagnostic tool for empowered, happy living.
14. I tend to put the needs of others before my own and experience resentment, disappointment, frustration, or anger because of it.
15. I want to be a good person and help others, but sometimes I feel depleted in the process.
The transformations from implementing the AYM process are:
1. Clearly understand the root cause of your emotional discomfort and free yourself from its burden.
2. Always know what your next best step is in any situation and confidently take inspired action.
3. Use fear, doubt, and anxiety, as well as positive emotions, as the guidance they're designed to be. You'll uncover restricting beliefs and definitions of yourself and life, and rescript them ensuring more ease and appreciation.
4. Experience daily thrill bumps of self-love, self-appreciation, and witness how life is always working out for you.
5. Be comfortable in your skin and enjoy the good things in life, fully and unapologetically.
6. Practice your way back to centered stability; uncork your natural vim and vigor for life.
7. Clarify your true spiritual nature, embracing this aspect of yourself as your most cherished, trusted, and dependable relationship.
8. Fully understand why contrast (problems and challenges) are a necessary part of life and how to use contrast as a diagnostic tool for positive transformations, instead of a reason to feel victimized, depressed, angry, or jealous.
9. Learn to be selfish in a healthy way, benefitting both yourself and those you connect with daily. Own and honor the idea that wen you're depleted mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually, you can't truly help others anyway.
Please note: My speaking events are online only.
Please note: I'm not a motivational speaker; I'm an educator who teaches her students to be more in alignment with who they really are and to transform fear and anxiety into something better, every time they show up. This talk is designed for individuals who are already up to speed with the idea that we are spiritual creatures having a physical experience. It works best when the audience has a preexisting belief in infinite intelligence and that we are Source connected beings.
168. That’s how many hours are in a week. Do you use them wisely? Kimberly wrote a novel in a year while working and raising three kids in travel sports. She will show you how to find that kind of time for you. MORE >Kimberly is proud to be a part of Free Speakers since 2015, but will only present to not-for-profit groups.