Free Business Topics in Chicago
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
This workshop will help you increase your effectiveness as a team by improving communication, understanding the value of each members style and combatting the five destructive behaviors.
LinkedIn is about building relationships through networking. LinkedIn is not mass marketing, advertising or selling direct to others. Rather, it's social business. Who you are connected to doesn't matter. What really matters is who your first level connections are connected to and who those first levels can introduce you to that are targeted, potential clients. MORE >As a search engine similar to Google, LinkedIn was originally built to help companies and recruiters find qualified candidates to fill positions. Therefore, you must understand how search engines work in order to leverage LinkedIn to your benefit. Using that knowledge will enable your business to get found on LinkedIn when someone has a need you can fill, or a question you can answer.
Wishing and hoping that someone will find you simply doesn't work anymore. You do need a plan, rather than taking a nonchalant attitude. Your plan must be coupled with proper strategies and tactics to successfully grow your business on LinkedIn.
In my virtual presentation I will cover the above topics and also touch on target marketing, branding, increasing visibility, etc. I will also answer questions from the participants.
In 2017 I was chosen as one of only 10 LinkedIn members in English speaking countries to help facilitate conversations and assist members via the LinkedIn Forums for the community team pilot. The program was extended quarterly for one year after the initial trial when in-house LinkedIn personnel took over.
As facilities all over the country begin to re-open, their primary concern will be the health of building users. This applies to office buildings, schools, retail outlets, restaurants, hotels, and all commercial facilities.
What steps should building and business owners and managers take to accomplish this? MORE >As a writer for the professional cleaning industry, I have written several articles about this and would like to discuss it with building and business owners and managers. Some of the topics covered in this presentation will include the following:
• Why we must know how to conduct a "high-touch" audit.
• Why we must find out if our cleaning contractor (or in-house staff) and their crew have been trained and certified in cleaning "best practices" and infection control measures.
• Why we need to know what type of cleaning equipment is being used in the facility and why it matters.
• Why we need to know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting
• Why we need to know which types of disinfectants to use and how to use them properly.
• Why cleaning validation is crucial now and how we go about it.
The point of covering these issues is that building and business owners as well as managers are ultimately responsible for the health of building users.
The more they know about cleaning, the healthier their buildings and business operations will be and the more likely they can begin their own financial recovery.
Transition Human Resources from a transactional role to a strategic one and become a trusted, indispensable business partner for maximum impact on the enterprise and the people as they fulfill on their mission of "Results Matter . . . and people are at the heart of it! MORE >Learn about the key components of a Possibility Partners Workplace and the consequential role HR can play in that workplace transformation. You will gain an understanding of the following components:
- Cultures where "Everybody Matters" and everybody believes in the inherent worth and dignity of every human being;
- Communications "Best Practices" that are a demand for authenticity and openness as possibility partners engage in conversations that ignite collaboration, creativity, and community in unleashing our purpose, power, and potential, to actualize new possibilities and partnerships in the world for the greater good;
- Replacing the annual performance review -- I have yet to meet ANYONE (employee or employer) who says they owe their success to their annual review process -- with regularly scheduled, year-round conversations that build mutual respect and trust, while focusing on results!
- Defining the 12 conditions required to support the people in accomplishing the results that matter;
- Shifting the experience of work as a burden to survive to one of a gift of participation, contribution, and self-expression;
- Developing leaders who are supportive, encouraging, and insightful, without diminishing your sense of choice, agency, and ownership for results. Agency is defined as the capacity of individuals to act independently and to make their own free choices.
Can be presented virtually via ZOOM.
Life is too short to be killed by Zoom meeting!
Meetings should be an opportunity to connect, learn, encourage, and get things done. So how do you make your meetings better for everyone when you have to do them virtually? This talk will review the six ways people have tried to kill others in zoom meetings and how to stop them. You will laugh, cry, and admit that you have been attempting to destroy your co-workers. In the end, you will walk out with an action plan on how to make your next virtual meeting a great meeting. MORE >
Virtual teams present a unique set of challenges, but also a unique set of opportunities. How do you establish clear team expectations based on mutual trust and commitment when you are not face-to-face? Learn ways to foster an environment of trust, loyalty, and collaboration in a virtual world. We will explore ways to lead virtual teams and what the differences are from in-person team leadership. MORE >
In these unprecedented times, managing ourselves and those around us is paramount. Please join me, Arika Clark Alejo, as we come together to discuss what it means to be adaptive as you lead yourself, your team and your business through disruption. You will away with insights and tools you can use starting today that will benefit you and those around you forever. MORE >
The Four Core Distinctions of Leadership: (How to lead your business to the next level–easy and powerfully)
It's pretty simple. Every business has its issues, it's challenges, it's obstacles and problems.
And regardless of the fires that flare, they all fall into one of four categories: Your Customer Relations, Your Team Dynamics, Your structure and system, Your Leadership.
I repeat: every problem that you and your business has to deal with will be in one (or more) of these categorize. MORE >And what happens?
Well, it's pretty obvious--you have a problem, you deal with the problem. A fire flares up, you put it out.
But what happens after that?
Yeah. You're right. Typically another fire pops up, so you have to scramble to attend to that one. And then another appears, and another. And there you go, bouncing from one problem to the next, one obstacle to the next, and one more thing that keeps getting in the way of you and your company growing and thriving.
It's a deadly trap that ALL businesses can easily fall into. And it's hard to get out.
* Your business is out of Balance.
* Your organization is in reaction, rather than creation.
* Your team is reverting to old patterns and survival modes.
* Your Leadership isn't working.
* Everything is hard.
What's missing is a simple, yet solid, foundation to build your business upon.
The Four Cornerstones of what makes a successful business.
The Four Pillars of Leadership which solidifies your structure.
And with these two in place, amazing things happen:
* The fires and problems don't show up as often. Often they even disappear.
* The problems and issues that do pop up are easily dealt with and require much less time and energy (and money)
* You and your team have an easy "reset" button to get back on track.
* There's a clear focus and flow.
* Your business shifts from SURVIVING to THRIVING
This interactive and engaging Experience will begin to Transform your Leadership as you walk through the Four Cornerstones and the Four Pillars and then apply this technology and system to your real business circumstances.
By the end, you'll have a clear insight as to what is missing in your business, that you can easily fill yourself, and take back to your team to implement and get into a new, and powerful, action.
And that's what creates the results that you want to have.
While the media world continues to shift and change, companies of all sizes are still hungry for the valuable earned media mentions and features that bring an unparalleled credibility. So, what are they to do? Jennifer shares that today, PR is much more than just earned media. It's more than the newspaper story on a plaque on the wall. MORE >It's search, reviews, how you use a story to gain even more traction and create content campaigns around it and best utilize the psychology of marketing and story telling to boost sales and donations.