Free Self Improvement Topics in Chicago
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
The ability to forgive allows one to live in harmony. There are 3 types of forgiveness: for yourself, for those you’ve harmed and for those that have harmed you. By releasing the initial harm and the energy you’ve used to hold on to it, you clear your present and future, and move forward.
I offer a variety of custom presentations on a variety of topics to fit your organization's needs. Possible topics include: Planning a simple dinner party, Holiday entertaining ideas, Summer picnics/parities, The perfect Brunch, Ladies Luncheon Ideas, Appetizers and More.
We've all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. Participants will identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
The Interpersonal Skills discussion will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations. Bette will help audience to identify skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation. MORE >Discussion Objectives:
• Understand the difference between hearing and listening
• Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
• Understand what is ‘non-verbal communication’ and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
• Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation.
• Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
• Understand how seeing the other side can improve skills in influencing other people.
• Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
• Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
• Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
• Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions.
Most of us avoid hard conversations because we are uncomfortable with confrontation. This presentation examines why we avoid, the costs of our avoidance, how to overcome our avoidance and finally how to have the actual hard conversation. It is a presentation that will provide skills that will help in both your professional and personal lives. MORE >
This talk, created for people who are ready to take action and start making big changes, is about digging deep. Understanding that by being more present, intentional, and accountable we can experience more fulfillment out of life. Say yes to more happiness! Say yes to better sleep! Say yes to more love! Say yes...