Free Business Topics in Chicago
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3: Browse for a topic, Click the orange request button, Fill out the contact form.
Now the speaker will contact you in the next few days to coordinate details.
In our fast paced world, it seems that we are expected to do more and more with less and less. If you are finding that there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get things done, then this presentation is for you. In this presentation, Master Certified Business Coach Tom Kelly discusses the 5 shifts that you need to make to create an abundance of time in your life and business. MORE >
There are thousands of plugins and tips out there – many free, but how do you narrow them down? I’ve been designing and developing WordPress sites since 2008, and I also work with corporations, nonprofits and bloggers. No matter how popular they are, I still spend a lot of time fixing hacked sites and maintaining and improving them. I’ll share the same tips I use with them to improve your site. We’ll talk social, security, speed, design and more. You’ll leave with an action plan and stronger understanding of your WordPress site.
Thinking BIG is Not Enough, Perspectives on Business Growth -Moving past the myths and misconceptiosn that stop busienss growth
Chuck Scharenberg, Senior Consultant with Kaizen Consulting, presents the power and limitations of Thinking Big, introduces you to a successful business owner, and identifies three key areas of Business Growth:
Whether you own a business, lead a sales team or are an individual contributor, this question is constantly being posed to you by potential customer(s). Even existing customers ask the question when they are trying to decide if they should continue to do business with you. It does not matter how big or small your business or team is, nor does it matter what your product or service is ... this question is being asked. The question comes in many formats and learning to recognize the question and, more importantly, learning how to answer this question is critical to a successful outcome. What are the underlying reasons you are being asked this question? What is the most effective way to answer? MORE >The proper response is not what most business owners and leaders expect and is not the response that is given the majority of the time. You can improve your 'win ratio' by understanding the motivation behind the question and learning techniques that speak to the underlying motivation.
Transition Human Resources from a transactional role to a strategic one and become a trusted, indispensable business partner for maximum impact on the enterprise and the people as they fulfill on their mission of "Results Matter . . . and people are at the heart of it! MORE >Learn about the key components of a Possibility Partners Workplace and the consequential role HR can play in that workplace transformation. You will gain an understanding of the following components:
- Cultures where "Everybody Matters" and everybody believes in the inherent worth and dignity of every human being;
- Communications "Best Practices" that are a demand for authenticity and openness as possibility partners engage in conversations that ignite collaboration, creativity, and community in unleashing our purpose, power, and potential, to actualize new possibilities and partnerships in the world for the greater good;
- Replacing the annual performance review -- I have yet to meet ANYONE (employee or employer) who says they owe their success to their annual review process -- with regularly scheduled, year-round conversations that build mutual respect and trust, while focusing on results!
- Defining the 12 conditions required to support the people in accomplishing the results that matter;
- Shifting the experience of work as a burden to survive to one of a gift of participation, contribution, and self-expression;
- Developing leaders who are supportive, encouraging, and insightful, without diminishing your sense of choice, agency, and ownership for results. Agency is defined as the capacity of individuals to act independently and to make their own free choices.
Can be presented virtually via ZOOM.
Craft brewing is a classic example of how small, nimble and hyper-creative players have disrupted a mammoth industry and created a lasting global movement. Whether you're in the brewing business or not, this story has much wider applications. This talk walks through market analysis and segmentation, ideation, selection, product development, trials and scale-up. Along the way we'll explore how products help define a company's brand and attract loyal followers who will help promote it. All of this is informed by Mosher's long experience in the field, both inside and out of beer. MORE >
In these unprecedented times, managing ourselves and those around us is paramount. Please join me, Arika Clark Alejo, as we come together to discuss what it means to be adaptive as you lead yourself, your team and your business through disruption. You will away with insights and tools you can use starting today that will benefit you and those around you forever. MORE >
As facilities all over the country begin to re-open, their primary concern will be the health of building users. This applies to office buildings, schools, retail outlets, restaurants, hotels, and all commercial facilities.
What steps should building and business owners and managers take to accomplish this? MORE >As a writer for the professional cleaning industry, I have written several articles about this and would like to discuss it with building and business owners and managers. Some of the topics covered in this presentation will include the following:
• Why we must know how to conduct a "high-touch" audit.
• Why we must find out if our cleaning contractor (or in-house staff) and their crew have been trained and certified in cleaning "best practices" and infection control measures.
• Why we need to know what type of cleaning equipment is being used in the facility and why it matters.
• Why we need to know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting
• Why we need to know which types of disinfectants to use and how to use them properly.
• Why cleaning validation is crucial now and how we go about it.
The point of covering these issues is that building and business owners as well as managers are ultimately responsible for the health of building users.
The more they know about cleaning, the healthier their buildings and business operations will be and the more likely they can begin their own financial recovery.
A workshop filled with play and insights into how we communicate, what gets in the way, and what we’d like to change or build in ourselves, our teams, and communities. This is the ultimate "hands-on" workshop. A fun way to explore basic concepts in emotional intelligence and communication.